Required Skills and Abilities
- Certified in PSM
- Able to assess and prioritize refrigerant loads and manage systems for high production.
- Mathematical skills necessary to calculate heat loads and standard refrigeration calculations.
- Mechanical and analytical skills necessary to diagnose and repair all refrigeration related equipment.
- Assess ongoing preventative maintenance needs and implement programs to keep equipment in excellent operating condition at all times
- Diagnose and correct or repair operational deficiencies in refrigeration performance and equipment
- Familiarity with and ability to follow Mechanical, Electrical, OSHA, and PSM codes and requirements.
- At least 5 years documentable experience operating and maintaining commercial refrigeration.
Interpersonal and Communications Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with department heads, employees, and coworkers
- Able to clearly explain steps, provide clear directions, and answer questions about refrigeration processes to employees, coworkers and supervisors.
- Able to maintain records and paperwork required for maintenance and operations logs and compliance issues.
- Ability to work harmoniously with coworkers of various departments.
- Able to organize and schedule maintenance and repairs.
- Able to identify parts and other requirements needed to perform maintenance and repair in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Able to complete and fulfill paperwork required for material orders, and time sheets.
- Able to keep job sites clean and orderly
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- 90% of time is spent working at job sites. Exposure to cold, moisture, high noise, and maintenance levels of ammonia are normal.
- Job requires ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of refrigeration equipment and processes. Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 50 lbs, and to bend, climb and crawl.
- Normal hazards associated with industrial refrigeration environment.
- Uphold and support company rules and policies.
Silver Bay Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.